I can’t remember exactly what we were doing as a family, but at some point, I leaned over and saw my youngest son (5) writing this…
(See if you can figure out his inflection; notice the first word in the upper left corner. It will give you a clue as to what he meant.)
I’m pretty sure therapists have their patients write down their frustrations from time to time. If that’s the case, he’s all set.
In my husband’s defense, this easily could have been written about me.
“Hey, Mom. Mom? Mom?! MOM! MOM!!!!!!!!!”
The realities of being the youngest of five.
The other kids think he’s spoiled rotten. This makes me think otherwise. :)
And since I’m showing pictures…Do you ever pick up your camera and find a completely illogical and random picture?
Apparently this is what happens at our house when my hubby and I go out to dinner. In case you can’t quite see it, let me explain what we have here:
- Up front is Afro Princess Rapunzel with her baby stroller.
- Basketball boy seems normal enough until you realize he’s wearing a Winnie the Pooh costume. I didn’t realize Pooh could dunk.
- Bob Marley is the one holding a guitar, sporting a ninja costume and a yellow floaty. Huh? A floaty?
- The mad scientist is wearing I don’t even know what. Not sure if I want to know.
- Cowboy Pumpkin Boy is riding his horse. He’s probably the most logical costume, assuming it’s logical for a pumpkin to ride a horse.
- The one up front in the lovely pink cherry skirt is a boy wearing reindeer antlers and wielding a light saber. Classic.
- Oh, and my daughter is in pajamas on the table.
You know, when people say this generation has no creativity, I beg to differ.
When we got home that night, I asked my kids, “So what did you do with your friends tonight?”
They said, “Oh, we made a video.”
Let’s just say I’m anxious to see this video.
Have a great weekend!
PS) I haven’t posted on the blog much in the last month because every extra ounce of time has been spent finishing that room shown above. You can probably see the bucket of plaster and ladder in the picture. The basement is almost done. Yay! I guess the kids like it. :)